Saturday, July 23, 2011

What keeps me going

So summer time at site is not boring... Just EXTREMELY lonely.

There are so many things that I want to do--and I do them, but after awhile doing everything by myself gets pretty flippin' lonely.

One thing I did today to kill some time was hang all my letters from my mom on my wall--right next to my dream catcher (Pictured to the right).... but that only took 30 min tops.

At times it is hard to understand why I am here, especially when there is so much going on back home.  It is hard to hear about family members being sick and not being able to be there by their side, it is hard to see someone I like so much move on, it is hard not to be there to root on the siblings in all their events like they did for me all those years, and it is exciting to see people get married-- it is only a bummer I can't be there to help celebrate.
But the good family and friends all remind me that I am here for a reason, and the love and support I get from them makes me keep my head up and keep moving.-- so I thank you.

It doesn't help that there are NO kids around.  But I can only imagine how my life will do a 180 degree turn once the kids move into the dorms. ** Dance parties, games, hanging out, soccer, tutoring, making jewelry, EVERYTHING!

So for the next month or so, I am hanging in there and trying to keep positive enjoying the moment and looking forward to the next

Until next time,

I am enjoying the peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment