Friday, June 22, 2012

Euro Cup 2012

I was so fortunate enough to have gone to a Euro Cup game, and a Ukrainian one at that.  June 19th, I was in the stands along with almost 49,000 other people (most of whom were cheering for Ukraine).  I personally thought it was an awesome game, and I cheered my Ukraine until the very end.  At times I couldn't take the pressure, but I managed.  Though Ukraine got robbed of one goal, they still should have made about 2 other goals.... next time...

Donetsk is a city located all the way to the east where it is known as coal mining country... I believe it because on the way there and once I was there, I was always covered in black dirt on my face and my clothes... I felt like I was doing archaeology all over again.  It took 22 hours to get there from Ternopil which was actually not that bad (I think I was just excited), but on the way back we took a 15 hour train to Kiev and then a 6 hour bus to Kremenets, and I just about died...

I am still a bigger fan of American fans.. to my surprise, I think American fans are more crazy than Ukrainian fans (in a good way).  I think the loudest Ukraine fans were the entire time was when they booed or whistled.... whatever.  I was decked out in Yellow and Blue chanting in Ukrainian and screaming in English.

This is the sweet juicy warm up to the hopeful idea of going to Brazil for the world cup in 2014.  Rescheduling my GRE to go to the game was SOOO totally a brilliant idea.  

Thank you dad for the tickets, Tanya and I had a complete blast!  (she says to thank you and mom, too!)


I am now headed off to camp for quite some time and I don't know how often I will go online, but just know I am OK (mom..). Plus, I know for at least 2 weeks I will have no cell reception. :)  

Until Next Time,
Aloha to summa tym!!
(and GO PORTUGAL!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment