There are people who are blessed with the ability word things, the capability to learn languages with little to no struggle, and to keep in touch with family and friends.
Well, let's just say those 3 are definitely not my best traits...
So much has happened that I have not updated on, but in all reality, I am way too lazy to think of a way to explain what has happened. I don't have many photos to show, I don't have any creative way of explaining it, so I am just going to put everything that has happened in the "secret/overflow" section. Though nothing is a secret, I am putting the 2 into the same category for when that time does come.
School is starting next week, and after a bit of a misunderstanding with my job duties as a youth development volunteer, I am finally on track to compiling a list of extracurricular activities and projects for this upcoming school year. I think I made a friend (though a дуже обережно) because I am not trying to get married... But I think the German teacher and I can be awesome friends! he actually has decent English, and is pretty cool.
The kids who live in the school are still gone, and I am more than anxious to meet them. I have a gut feeling they are going to be my main target! But really, I am digging deep into that creativity river in my head trying to come up with ideas and projects that really will benefit the school/community. It is a good thing Peace Corps gave us that warning that it will take time to figure out the needs of your organization(s) because I am starting to go crazy that I have not really done anything yet. I officially have the world map project in writing for projects throughout the school year, written down for March (but you should all know that does not mean anything). I am also currently working on the logistics of a girl's football (soccer) team here. I am hoping that we get the numbers, and then I will start doing some grant writing for equipment and what not! I mean, I am at a starting point, which is reassuring, and it helps to have an awesome Regional Manager who is so encouraging and who has got my back no matter what.
I guess that this information can do. I am working on my writing skills to make my blogs seem a little more interesting, but in the meantime-- you will just have to deal.
FOR YOUR INFORMATION:
Today is Ukraine's 20th birthday being an independent country! It is quite amazing to think how young this country is, yet how much history it has been through. So today I celebrated it by going to the castle ruins "Bona Hill" in my town with 2 10th form students and watched a ceremony for a new monument, and then went to the park and enjoyed the same concert I saw yesterday! Welcome to Ukraine! It was great
No beer or vodka, but the evening ended with my making some delicious Mac N Cheez, so it is all good.
Until Next Time,
Stay Classy Friends!
Well, let's just say those 3 are definitely not my best traits...
So much has happened that I have not updated on, but in all reality, I am way too lazy to think of a way to explain what has happened. I don't have many photos to show, I don't have any creative way of explaining it, so I am just going to put everything that has happened in the "secret/overflow" section. Though nothing is a secret, I am putting the 2 into the same category for when that time does come.
School is starting next week, and after a bit of a misunderstanding with my job duties as a youth development volunteer, I am finally on track to compiling a list of extracurricular activities and projects for this upcoming school year. I think I made a friend (though a дуже обережно) because I am not trying to get married... But I think the German teacher and I can be awesome friends! he actually has decent English, and is pretty cool.
The kids who live in the school are still gone, and I am more than anxious to meet them. I have a gut feeling they are going to be my main target! But really, I am digging deep into that creativity river in my head trying to come up with ideas and projects that really will benefit the school/community. It is a good thing Peace Corps gave us that warning that it will take time to figure out the needs of your organization(s) because I am starting to go crazy that I have not really done anything yet. I officially have the world map project in writing for projects throughout the school year, written down for March (but you should all know that does not mean anything). I am also currently working on the logistics of a girl's football (soccer) team here. I am hoping that we get the numbers, and then I will start doing some grant writing for equipment and what not! I mean, I am at a starting point, which is reassuring, and it helps to have an awesome Regional Manager who is so encouraging and who has got my back no matter what.
I guess that this information can do. I am working on my writing skills to make my blogs seem a little more interesting, but in the meantime-- you will just have to deal.
FOR YOUR INFORMATION:
Today is Ukraine's 20th birthday being an independent country! It is quite amazing to think how young this country is, yet how much history it has been through. So today I celebrated it by going to the castle ruins "Bona Hill" in my town with 2 10th form students and watched a ceremony for a new monument, and then went to the park and enjoyed the same concert I saw yesterday! Welcome to Ukraine! It was great
No beer or vodka, but the evening ended with my making some delicious Mac N Cheez, so it is all good.
Until Next Time,
Stay Classy Friends!
No comments:
Post a Comment